How to prepare myself for the treatment:
- Do not take medications containing salicylic acid (example: Aspiryn, Dispiryn) 5 days before treatment.
- Try not to take fish oil for a few days prior as it thins your blood which tends to push out the pigment.
- Do not take blood thinners 5 days before treatment.
- You don’t need to wear makeup to your appointment, as it will be removed at the site of the treatment.
- Do not drink coffee, energy drinks and alcohol in the treatment day.
- Lash extensions must be removed prior to eye applications.
- Do not wear contact lenses during or immediately following the eyeliner procedure, bring your glasses. You may resume wearing your contact lenses as soon as your eyes return to their pre-treated condition.
- If you are prone to cold sores around the lip area you must be on medication prior to lip colour application.
- If you are considering botox or any lip fillers, do them after your permanent makeup is complete.
- Any eyelash or eyebrow tinting or eyelash curling should be done at least 48 hours before the procedure.
Follow the instructions for 7 days after application. Failure to follow these advice will result in less than desired results.
- Do not touch the healing pigmented area with your fingers, hands etc. they may have bacteria on them and create an infection.
- No bathing. Try not to soak in water your brows/lips or eyes.
- No make-up, tinting of lashes or brows, sun exposure, soap, sauna, steam, exercise, jacuzzi, swimming.
- Do not rub or touch the pigmented area while it is healing, pigment may be removed along with crusting tissue.
- Touch up visits should be scheduled around 30 days after first treatment.
- Use a sun blocker after the pigmented area has healed to prevent future fading of pigment color.
- Results are not determined until touches up applications are completed.
- Eyebrows color will look much darker first 10 days as the procedure has blood and lymph in it.